We are excited that you are considering becoming a member of Grace Church.
Below is the online application for you to complete.
Grace Church Statement of Faith
Grace Church believes:
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration of all Scripture, both Old and New Testament, and that they are authoritative, without error, and sufficient for faith and life.
2. We believe in the one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and that he is both fully God and fully Man.
4. We believe in the total depravity of mankind, and in the necessity of regeneration.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that with his shed blood He obtained for us an eternal redemption.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His Ascension into Heaven and His present life there as our High Priest and advocate.
7. We believe that salvation is a free gift from God, entirely apart from works, as is possessed by all who have by faith received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person and that He indwells all believers upon salvation and equips us for service.
9. We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, in the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and in the everlasting punishment of the lost.
Grace Church elders and pastors covenant to …
- appoint elders, including staff members who serve at Grace Church, according to the criteria assigned to them in the Scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-3; Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- prayerfully seek God’s will for our church community and steward the resources to the best of their ability based on the study of the Scriptures and following of the Holy Spirit (Acts 20:28, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
- care for Grace Church and seek its growth in grace, truth, and love (Matthew 28:16-20, Ephesians 4:15-16, Colossians 1:28, James 5:14, 1 Peter 5:14)
- provide teaching and counsel from the whole of Scripture (Acts 20:27-28, 1 Timothy 4:16, 2 Timothy 4:1-5, Titus 2:1)
- equip the members of the church for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- be on guard against false teachers and doctrines (Matthew 7:15, Acts 20:28-31, 1 Timothy 1:3-7, 1 John 4:1)
- loving exercise discipline when necessary, for the purpose of gaining repentance and retaining the health of the church as a whole (Matthew 18:15-20, 1 Corinthians 5, Galatians 6:1, James 5:19-20).
- set an example as the appointed leadership to fulfill the obligations of a Grace Church member stated below (Philippians 3:17, 1 Timothy 4:12, Titus 2:7-8, 1 Peter 5:3).
Grace Church members covenant to…
- submit to the authority of the Scriptures as the final arbiter on all issues (Psalm 119, 2 Timothy 3:14-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- pursue being Christ-centered through regular Bible reading, prayer, fellowship, and practice of spiritual disciplines (Luke 18:1, Acts 17:11, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, Ephesians 5:1-21, 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22)
- regularly participate in the life of Grace Church by attending weekly corporate worship, engaging in regular Christ-centered community, joining a Grace service team, and being salt and light outside the church (Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 10:23-25, Titus 3:14).
- intentionally steward the resources God has given me, including time, talents, and treasure in a way that is sacrificial, cheerful, and voluntary (Matthew 25:14-30, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 8-9, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- walk in holiness in all areas of life, by God’s grace through the power of the Holy Spirit. Believers such be in constant pursuit of putting certain attributes and actions to death while stirring up love and good deeds through the Spirit.
- Believers should:
• practice complete chastity unless married, and if married, complete fidelity within heterosexual and monogamous marriage. Believers will, among other things, abstain from sexual immoral practices such as adultery, premarital sex, pornography, and homosexuality (Romans 13:11-14, 1 Corinthians 6:15-20, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, Hebrews 13:4)
• refrain from illegal drug use, drunkenness, gossip, and other sinful behavior the Scriptures clearly outlines (Romans 1:28-32, 13:13, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:18, James 3:3-18)
• submit to the elders and other appointed leaders of the church and strive for unity and peace within the church (Ephesians 4:1-3, Hebrews 13:17, 1 Peter 5:5)
• take seriously the responsibility of Christian freedom, especially actions or situations that could present a stumbling block to another (1 Corinthians 8:1-13)
• freely confess sin to God and to close fellow believers within the church community (James 5:16, Colossians 3:5, 1 John 1:6-10)
• notify the Elders upon leaving the church and to seek another church where one can carry out the biblical responsibilities as a believer.