Communications Director Job Description
“Glorifying God by making disciples through Christ-centered worship, community, service, and mission.”
POSITION TITLE: Communications Director
CHURCH INFORMATION: Nondenominational, approx. 250-275 members/regular attenders per week
JOB TYPE: Part-time (30 hours per week)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Communications Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Communications Director (CD) will oversee all outgoing and incoming modes of communication with the church and community, both print and digital. The CD will work in conjunction with staff and ministry leaders to ensure smooth lines of internal dialogue and find the best ways to cast our vision to members and share Grace Church’s stories of making disciples and an impact in our world.
- Demonstrates evidence of being a committed disciple and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates a passion for the Word of God and sees the Word and Community as central aspects to discipleship.
- Detailed oriented regarding administrative matters, including office upkeep and efficiency at performing office-related tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong eye for detail.
- Has experience with a social media presence and is adequately able to work various computer software and technology platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills working alongside Grace Church’s ministry team and demonstrates an ability to use communications to deploy the grander vision of the Grace Church.
- Willing to become a faithful member of Grace Church who affirms the church’s statement of faith as well as the membership covenant.
- Manages all the various office responsibilities, including mail, phone, copier and email messaging, and is capable of maintaining an orderly filing system.
- Supports all print and digital communications to those both within and outside the church community.
- Helps to maintain and utilize the church database of information regarding members and regular attenders.
- Maintains and manages the church’s social media presence across all platforms.
- Oversees all church marketing and advertising.
- Works with staff on distributing stories and examples of Grace to inspire the congregation towards the vision of making disciples for the Glory of God.
- Works with the staff in recruiting volunteers for ministry serving teams.
- Manages and executes on miscellaneous jobs and projects proposed by other staff members.
- Attend weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings for prayer, encouragement, communication, and planning.
- Give an annual report to the Elders that covers updates, budget information, and overall vision.
- Actively engages in personal development via self-training (books, webinars, networking with other area directors).
If you are interested in this position, please complete this application.