common ground exists to help teens pursue Christ and continue to grow on their life-long spiritual journey by creating opportunities for them to learn to love and trust Jesus and make a difference in our world for Him. This includes the development of the four discipleship markers: Christ-centered worship, community, service and mission. common ground seeks to provide dynamic environments that:
BUILD teens in their faith through worship, the Word, prayer, and fellowship
* Learning to love God
+ Expressing our love for God through worship
+ Depending on prayer as our source of guidance and strength
+ Relying on the Word as our source of wisdom and truth
* Learning to loving Others
+ Intentionally pursuing loving relationships that move beyond the walls out into the daily lives of teens.
EQUIP teens with tools to help them discover and develop their gifts and talents
* Discovering Spiritual Gifts
+ Teaching and training all teens about their spiritual gifts that they may do works of service and the body of Christ may be built up.
* Developing Spiritual Leadership
+ Encouraging teens to develop as spiritual leaders and mentors of others in the group.
· CHALLENGE teens to serve others and to reach non-believers with the gospel.
* Through Outreach
+ We practice and encourage three levels of outreach (CPR):
– Cultivating friendships that allow uncompromised following of Christ.
– Planting truth through conversations and questions to express God’s grace in your life.
– Reaping a life-changing harvest by extending Christ’s challenge to repent and believe.
* Through Missions/Service
+ We seek to reach:
– Jerusalem – training conferences where evangelism and leadership skills are taught as well as monthly service projects
– Judea/Samaria – domestic missions work in the US (concentrating on the Northeast)
– Ends of the Earth – foreign missions work around the world